Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal Response 3

3. How have you taken something that you have learned in the classroom and integrated it into your nonacademic life? 

The one thing I have taken from my classroom and applied into my nonacademic life is my vocabulary, because it makes me seem far more credible than if I were to use my regular vocabulary. Using high vocabulary will also teach people that they cannot treat me like I am a worthless piece of nothing like I am just a lazy teenager who will probable get pregnant in a few years and marry a god for nothing husband, it will make people realize that I will become someone I life some one important in life and I will also get the respect I deserve. It also makes people listen to what I have to say, and they care for what I have to say, because they are amazed at my vocabulary and they wonder why and how I have such a variety of vocabulary words. I realized that many civilian older than me do not have a cue at what I am saying because they were never taught the vocabulary I know and they ask me why I know this vocabulary and I tell them that is what I have to use for my English class and even though they took the same class in another school their teacher did not teach them that vocabulary. The vocabulary I was taught has helped me get through to ignorant people who think that just because I am younger than them doesn’t mean I am not as smart as they are or that I know how to treat people who think I am unintelligent. I induce people to taking my side with my astonishing vocabulary, I make them see that my side of an argument it the right one, I evoke the same position I have on a subject in their minds. The vocabulary I use is my sorcery weapon I use in the real world I can apply it anywhere I want with whoever I want and I will always say what I feel without sounding to snobby.   

No comments:

Post a Comment